Chocolate & Flaxseed Energy Bites
Easy to make and irresistibly delicious. Perfect for a quick pick-me-up snack or as a treat while on the go.
Time: 1 hour | Yield: 18 energy bites
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats, toasted
- ⅔ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Toast oats and coconut, separately, in a 350° F oven for 5-6 minutes until golden in color and fragrant. Allow to cool slightly before continuing.
- Stir all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Cover the mixing bowl and chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Once mixture is chilled, roll into 1-inch balls. Use about 2 tablespoons of the mixture for each ball.
You can enjoy immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 1 week. Energy Bites can be frozen for up to 3 months.