SmartHQ™, Haier Appliances' voice assistant, works with Amazon Alexa to take our smart appliances to the next level with hands-free voice controls. To use voice control through Amazon Alexa, you must first have one or more smart appliances connected to your home WiFi network through the SmartHQ app.
To confirm your appliance has WiFi Capability, visit: Does My Appliance Have WiFi Capability?
For more information about Amazon Alexa devices, visit: Echo & Alexa Devices
To start using Amazon Alexa with your Haier smart appliances: Amazon Alexa Set-Up for Haier Smart Appliances
With Alexa and SmartHQ working together, you can use simple voice commands with your smart appliances. Start by saying "Alexa,..." and state your request.
- preheat the (upper/lower) oven to 350.
- change the temperature to 300.
- set cook timer for 20 minutes.
- turn off the oven.
- cancel baking.
- set oven to convection roast/bake.
- turn the warming drawer to low/medium/high/off.
- set a timer for 10 minutes.
- turn on/off Sabbath mode.
- what is the oven status?
- how much time is left on my kitchen timer?
- start the microwave.
- microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- defrost three pounds of chicken/steak/hamburger in my microwave.
- stop the microwave.
- pause the microwave.
- add 30 more seconds to the microwave.
- add 2 minutes on the microwave.
- microwave coffee/popcorn/potato/soup.
- reheat soup.
- I added 1 pod to the dishwasher.
- when will the dishwasher be finished?
- do I need rinse aid?
- how many detergent pods do I have left?
- what is the dishwasher status?
- is my laundry clean?
- keep tumbling.
- is my laundry dry?
Room Air Conditioner
- turn on the air conditioner.
- turn the air conditioner to 72.
- set the fan to high.
- set my air conditioner to energy saver.
Alexa will not notify you that something has completed unless you first ask Alexa for the status. For automatic notifications, you can choose for notifications to appear on your mobile device through the SmartHQ app.