There are two ways to remove water from the tank (bucket):
Empty the Tank Manually
When the water tank is full, the red Bucket Full indicator light will come on.
- Turn the power off to the dehumidifier.
- Wait several minutes to allow the water to stop dripping from the coils into the tank.
- Use both handles to lift and remove the bucket.
- Empty water through the tank opening into a sink or tub.
- Reinstall the tank.
- Make sure the drain cap (used if draining through a hose) is tightened before turning the unit back on.
Attach a Garden Hose:
Dehumidifiers have a drain connection mounted on the lower portion of the cabinet which can be connected to a standard garden hose fitting (non-pump models) or the included drain tube (pump models).
Units without a drain pump use gravity to drain the accumulated moisture. Attach a garden hose (not supplied) to have the bucket empty continuously .
- Remove and save the plastic and rubber drain cap at the rear of the unit. Set aside the rubber insert for later.
- Screw a new garden hose onto the direct drain opening.
- Position the dehumidifier as close as you can to the floor drain.
- Position the end of the drain hose over the floor drain and start the unit.
When this feature is not actively being used, remove the drain hose from the direct drain opening and plug it with the rubber cap provided.
Drain Pump Models:
When the drain tube is connected and the water level inside the bucket reaches the correct level, the drain pump automatically pumps the water to the drain. The 16 ft supplied drain tube is stored in the bucket and attaches to the drain pump connector on the back of the dehumidifier. The drain pump can pump up to 14 vertical feet. Do not use a longer length of tubing than the 16 ft provided.
- Remove the drain tube from inside the dehumidifier bucket.
- Insert the drain tube fitting into the drain pump connector on the back of the dehumidifier.
- Push the drain tube fitting in as far as it will go. The fitting will snap into place.
- Place the other end of the drain tube into a suitable drainage location, like a drain, sink, or sump.
- To remove: Press the button above the drain pump while pulling the drain tube fitting away from the drain pump connector.