Check the following if the relative humidity setting is not being reached after a long period of operation:
- When first installed, allow at least 3-4 days to remove moisture from the room to maintain the desired dryness. The unit is dehumidifying the air as well as the moisture from walls and objects in the room.
- Check to make sure that all windows and doors are closed.
- If used in a laundry area, install the dehumidifier away from the moisture laden air generated by the dryer. Running the dryer in the same room can affect the unit's dehumidifying ability.
- Controls may not be set properly. Adjust the controls according to the Owner's Manual.
- The area/room may be too large for the capacity of the dehumidifier; check to make sure your dehumidifier is the proper one for your room size and humidity level.
- Make sure the unit has proper air flow and that no curtains, blinds, or furniture blocking the front or back of the dehumidifier.
- Clean the filter, since a clogged filter can restrict airflow.