If your ductless (split air) air conditioner will not run, check the following:
- Does the indoor unit respond to control demands?
- If it does not, check for a tripped breaker.
- If the breaker continues to trip after resetting it, a service provider should be called.
- If you have more than one indoor unit connected to a single outdoor unit, it may be possible that another indoor unit is operating in an opposite mode. The outdoor can only provide either heating to all indoor units or cooling to all indoor units. It cannot do both simultaneously.
- If you find another room is cooling when you want another room to heat, you must wait until the room that is cooling to reach the set point before the system will switch to heat.
- To avoid this, set all indoor units to the same mode of operation, either heat or cool mode.
- If the system detects a malfunction, it may shut down or show an error code on the display of the indoor unit. This will require service.