If your air conditioner is running constantly and/or not cooling, check the following:
- The unit may be too small for the room
- The unit may not be cooling properly.
- Check the filter to see if it needs to be cleaned
- Check the outdoor coils (on rear of unit) for dirt build up If dirty, vacuum with soft bristle brush.
- The cool air coming from the unit should be at least 15F cooler than the air going into it.
- Verify the desired temperature is not too low; the lowest setting is 65F but for cost savings a setting of 75F is more energy efficient.
- Make sure windows are not open, allowing warm air back into the area that being cooled.
- Make sure the unit is not blocked by drapes/curtains as this will inhibit the airflow from the unit into the room.
- Make sure outside air is not leaking into the room by using sash sealer strips between the window and the unit. These strips work by filling in any gaps between the unit and the window frame and prevent cold air from leaking out of the room, and prevent warm air from entering the room.
If you continue to have problems, please contact Haier Appliances at 1-877-337-3639 or visit https://www.haierappliances.com/support/schedule-service to arrange service.