If the refrigerator is a not frost free model, this is normal. If the refrigerator is a frost free (self-defrosting) model, frost can form on the back wall of the fresh food or freezer compartment for the following reasons:
- Doors have been opened and closed frequently.
- Doors have been left open for a long period.
- There is a lot of wet food (ex. salad) or unwrapped food in the compartment.
- High humidity from foods, especially warm foods.
- Food is blocking the air circulation in the refrigerator. Ex: Packages resting against the rear wall.
- Packages keeping the door open.
- If the doors were reversed recently, often times the gaskets can be slightly misaligned. Inspect the gasket perimeter for signs of air infiltration.
- The door gaskets not sealing properly or are torn or split.
If you continue to have problems, please contact Haier Appliances at 1-877-337-3639 or visit https://www.haierappliances.com/support/schedule-service to arrange service.