If the air conditioner will not be used for a long time (vacation, storage, moving, etc.):
- Completely drain the water. On models without a drain plug, you may need to remove the unit from the window and tilt it to drain the water.
- Run the unit in fan mode only for a half day to dry the appliance inside to prevent mold.
- Clean the air filter and reinstall it.
- Unplug the unit and store the cord.
- Take out the batteries of remote controller.
- Gather the all the window mounting hardware and replace them in the original carton for storage.
Always maintain the unit in an upright position and store in dry place.