To avoid damage to the microwave oven caused by arcing due to soil buildup, keep the oven cavity, top grille and the area where the door touches the oven frame clean.
Interior / Exterior
Cleaning the inside of the microwave is easy because little heat is generated to the interior surfaces; therefore, there is no baking and setting of spills or spattering. Before cleaning, make sure all controls are off and the microwave oven is cool. Always follow label instructions on cleaning products.
- Using a warm water and mild soap solution and a soft cloth or sponge, clean the oven cavity, frame and oven exterior. For stainless steel models, a stainless steel cleaner may be used on the exterior.
- For heavier soil, use baking soda or a mild soap on the interior; rinse thoroughly with hot water.
- The glass turntable may be hand washed and dried or cleaned in the dishwasher.
- Rinse with clean warm water and dry with a soft cloth.
Do not use scouring powder or rough scouring pads on the microwave. Never spray oven cleaners directly onto any part of the oven.
Grease filters are located on the underside of microwave oven. The grease filters should be removed and cleaned often; generally at least once every month. Before cleaning, make sure all controls are off and the microwave oven is cool. Always follow label instructions on cleaning products.
- Remove the grease filter. Grasp the metal ring, slide the filter toward the back, and then gently pull the filter downward. Repeat for the second filter.
- Soak the grease filters in hot water with a mild detergent added. Rinse well and shake to dry.
- Reinstall the grease filter. Insert the back edge of the filter into the opening, and then gently push the filter up into place. Repeat for the second filter.
Do not use ammonia or wash in a dishwasher. The aluminum on the filter will corrode and darken.
Charcoal Filter (Used if recirculating / non-vented):
- The charcoal filter should last for up to 6 months with normal use. The charcoal filter is not washable; it must be replaced with a new filter.