If one or more of your gas burners have a yellow or uneven flame:
- Verify that the burner cap is seated flat on top of the burner ring.
- An orange or yellow flame (instead of blue) can be dust in the gas lines, which will burn off after a few minutes. If the flame stays orange or yellow, the range might be configured for the incorrect fuel type (LP vs. Natural Gas) and the technician who installed the range or made the conversion should be contacted.
- It is normal to have yellow tips when connected to liquid propane (LP) gas.
- Long, bright yellow flames are not normal.
- If the flame is only halfway around the burner ring:
- Moisture may be present after cleaning. Lightly fan the flame and allow the burner to operate until flame is full. Dry burners thoroughly after any cleaning.
- The burner ports are clogged. With the burner off, use a small-gauge wire or needle to open ports.
If this issue continues after installer/gas supplier has confirmed a correct installation, then service is recommended. To schedule a repair appointment for Haier branded appliances in the U.S., visit https://www.haierappliances.com/support/schedule-service or contact Haier Appliances at 1-877-337-3639.