To keep the unit working efficiently and properly, regularly clean the water reservoir (on models with a removable tank):
- Unplug the unit and empty the water reservoir.
- Wash it with dish soap and water.
- Wipe it dry with a cloth before reinstalling.
To prevent mildew and mold, on a monthly basis:
- Vacuum dust and debris from the air intake and the exhaust vent.
- Remove and wash the air filter in warm water (NOT HOT) with a mild detergent. DO NOT use any chemicals cleaners.
- Allow the filter to air dry and reinstall in the unit. Never use the unit without the filter installed.