The portable air conditioner has a window plate that goes in the window opening. This plate has an opening where the exhaust vent connects to vent to the outside. Portable air conditioners can be used with casement sliding and double-hung windows (not hinged casement windows that swing out).
About the window plates:
- The window plate for air exhaust is 19 ¾ “by 4 ¾" and cannot be modified.
- Also included with the unit is a solid extension plate that is also 19 ¾ “by 4 ¾” which can be trimmed with a table saw.
- The plates can be combined to cover an opening 39 1/2 inches by 4 3/4 inches.
- The plates can be installed horizontally or vertically.
- Additional Solid Extension plates can be combined to extend to fill the window gap. These are available from Encompassparts.com or at (800) 432-8542.
Compare the plate dimensions to the window opening where you are planning on using the air conditioner. When installing the window exhaust vent kit be sure that there is no air leak which would allow hot air back into the room.