Portable air conditioners are the most effective when used in small spaces or when used for supplemental cooling or heating (on Heat/Cool models) in large spaces. They are not able to cool large room or multiple rooms.
If your portable air conditioner is not cooling properly, first make sure it is sized properly to the room. Oversizing a unit will cause it to turn off too soon while undersizing a unit will prevent it from keeping the entire room cool enough.
If the portable air conditioner is running, but is not blowing cold air:
- Clean the filter. We recommend that the filter be cleaned once a week if possible.
- Confirm there is ample space around the unit, and that there is nothing obstructing the air flow around the intake. Check your owner's manual for space requirements.
- Verify your unit is in Cool mode.
- Check your set temperature and make sure it is set at a cooler temperature than your room temperature.
- Make sure there is no obstruction in the exhaust hose and the hose is not kinked or overly bent.
- Do not exceed the recommended hose length of 5 feet.
If you continue to have problems, please contact Haier Appliances at 1-877-337-3639 or visit https://www.haierappliances.com/support/schedule-service to arrange service.