These factors contribute to a wine cellar running too frequently or too long:
- Room is hot and/or humid. The wine cellar will run more if the room has high humidity or high temperature.
- The wine cellar door is ajar. Make sure nothing is blocking it from closing.
- Doors may have been opened frequently or for an extended period of time.
- Check the gasket for a proper seal. Make sure it is not damaged.
- The fan filter is blocked. To clean:
Unplug the wine cellar
Locate the filter at the rear of the cabinet. Press downward on the two tabs on the top to release the fan filter.
Clean the fan filter by either using a vacuum cleaner hose to suction the dirt, dust and hair from the filter or by hand washing with warm, soapy water (rinse well and allow filter to air dry completely before reinstalling).
Replace the fan filter into the cabinet and plug unit back in.