The actual cabinet temperature in a thermoelectric (thermal electric) unit is dependent on the ambient temperature in the room. You may set the cabinet temperature range, but the unit may not reach the preset temperature if the room is too warm.
For this model, when the ambient temperature is 77°F, the lowest temperature that can be reached is 50-52°. When ambient temperature is 73°, the cabinet temperature can reach approximately 46-48°. When the ambient temperature is below the set wine cellar temperature, the unit will not operate until the ambient temperature increases to a higher temperature.
If your wine cellar is not getting cold or the wine is still warm and the ambient room temperature is not a factor:
- Verify the wine cellar is plugged in to a working outlet.
- Make sure the unit is turned on and that the thermostat control is set to a cold temperature setting.
- Room is humid.
- Doors may have been opened frequently or for an extended period of time.
- Wine was added recently and has not had time to cool.
- Check gaskets for proper seal.
- The wine cellar door is ajar. Make sure nothing is blocking it from closing.
- The fan filter is blocked. To clean:
- Unplug the wine cellar. Locate the filter at the rear of the cabinet. Press downward on the two tabs on the top to release the fan filter.
- Clean the fan filter by either using a vacuum cleaner hose to suction the dirt, dust and hair from the filter or by hand washing with warm, soapy water (rinse well and allow filter to air dry completely before reinstalling).
- Replace the fan filter into the cabinet and plug unit back in.
If you continue to have problems, please contact Haier Appliances at 1-877-337-3639 or visit https://www.haierappliances.com/support/schedule-service to arrange service.