To clean the interior washer tub/basket:
- Fill the washer with HOT water.
- Add 1 quart of chlorine bleach - no detergent.
- Let the machine agitate for a minute, then let it sit for one hour.
- After one hour, allow the washer to run through its longest wash and spin cycle.
- Continue by immediately filling the washer with HOT water again
- Add 1 quart distilled white vinegar.
- Let agitate for a minute, and again, let it sit for one hour.
Using the bleach and then the vinegar will clean away bacteria, soap scum and mineral deposits from the wash basket and hoses. This is especially important if you live in a hard water area. Be careful not to combine bleach and vinegar at the same time.