Possible error codes for Portable Washers:
dO, E0 or E2 - indicates the lid switch is detected as open
- Verify the lid is closed properly.
dd - actually not an error code
When this code occurs during a spin cycle, check door (lid) to make sure it is closed properly and/or check to make sure load is balanced (redistribute clothes).
E1 or E6 - indicates an issue with the drain
Verify the drain pump filter (where applicable) is clear (the filter is accessible through the door at the bottom of the unit).
Verify the drain hose is not pushed too far into the standpipe (Siphon condition).
Verify the drain hose is not kinked or crimped.
E3 - indicates an issue with the spin
- Verify the drum is not over filled with garments.
- Verify the unit is level (level means that all four legs of the unit are supporting weight).
E4 - Indicates an issue with filling
- Verify the water is turned on to the washer.
- Make sure the water pressure is not too low.
If you continue to have problems, please contact Haier Appliances at 1-877-337-3639 or visit https://www.haierappliances.com/support/schedule-service to arrange service.