Grease filters are located on the underside of microwave oven. The grease filters should be removed and cleaned often; generally at least once every month.
- Remove the grease filter. Grasp the metal ring, slide the filter toward the back, and then gently pull the filter downward. Repeat for the second filter.
- Soak the grease filters in hot water with a mild detergent added. Rinse well and shake to dry.
- Reinstall the grease filter. Insert the back edge of the filter into the opening, and then gently push the filter up into place. Repeat for the second filter.
Do not use ammonia or wash in a dishwasher. The aluminum on the filter will corrode and darken.
A charcoal filter must be installed in the microwave oven when it is used in a non-vented (recirculating) installation. Your microwave oven comes from the factory with the charcoal filter installed. The charcoal filter cannot be cleaned, so it must be replaced at least every 6 months or more often depending on use.
- Unplug or disconnect power.
- Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove screws from the top grille.
- Open the microwave door so you can grasp the top grille, and then pull the grille straight out to remove.
- Remove the used charcoal filter from the back of the grille, and then discard the filter.
- Align the holes in the new charcoal filter with the five posts on the back of the grille, and gently press down to attach.
- Align the top edge of the grille so that when the grille is pushed into place the screw hole tabs on the grille will align with the holes in the microwave cabinet. Gently push on the grille until it snaps into place and the screw holes are aligned.
- NOTE: Make sure that the wire harness, located near the door hinge, is not pinched when you are replacing the top grille.
- Replace the two screws removed earlier, and completely tighten the screws.