Never operate the microwave without food in the oven cavity; this can damage the magnetron tube or glass turntable. Tightly closed containers could explode. Closed containers should be opened and plastic pouches should be pierced before cooking.
Microwave Safe Cookware / Bakeware
- Browning dish
- Glass / Ceramic
- China, Earthenware
- Paper towels, Paper Plates, Napkins (Use non-recycled paper)
- Plastic wraps, bags, covers
- Plastic dinnerware, containers
- Pottery and Clay
- Silicone bakeware
- Wax paper
Follow the manufacturer recommendations for proper use of containers, bakeware, etc.
Not Microwave Safe
- Metal cookware and bakeware
- Gold, silver or pewter or objects with gold or silver trim or with metallic glaze
- Non-approved meat thermometers, skewers
- Twist ties
- Foil liners, such as sandwich wrappers
- Straw or wicker
To Test Cookware/Dinnerware: Place the empty dish in the oven and operate the oven on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds. A dish that becomes very hot should not be used. For further information on utensils and coverings, refer to your Owner's Manual.