Poor or No Airflow
- Aluminum grease filters are clogged. Grease filters can be cleaned in the dishwasher or with a solution of hot water and dish detergent. Allow the filter to dry completely before putting the filter back in place.
- Charcoal filters are clogged. The charcoal filter is not washable; it must be replaced with a new filter. The charcoal filter should last for up to 6 months with normal use.
- If the motor is running but there is no airflow, the butterfly valve inside the unit may be jammed. This will require service.
Not Venting Odors
- If the unit is recirculating (non-vented), the charcoal filters may not be installed or need to be replaced. The charcoal filter should last for up to 6 months with normal use.
Motor Not Coming On / Turns Off While Running
- Check the electrical supply at the power cord as well as the breaker/fuse in the house breaker box.
- If the vent has been running for a while and turns off, the high temperature safety device has been activated.
- Must be a minimum of 24" from an electric cooking surface.
- Must be a minimum of 30" from a gas cooking surface.
If you continue to have problems, please contact Haier Appliances at 1-877-337-3639 or visit https://www.haierappliances.com/support/schedule-service to arrange service.