Before cleaning, make sure all controls are off and the oven and cooktop are cool. Always follow label instructions on cleaning products. Soap, water and a soft cloth or sponge are suggested first unless otherwise noted. Do not use abrasive cleaning products.
- Cleaning Method: Mild detergent and warm water.
- Food spills should be cleaned when oven cools. At high temperatures, foods react with porcelain, so staining, etching, pitting or faint white spots can result.
- Do not use oven cleaners.
Oven Racks and Roasting Racks
- Cleaning Method: Steel-wool pad
Broiler Pan and Grid
- Cleaning Method: Mildly abrasive cleanser (Scrub with wet scouring pad) or clean in dishwasher.
- Heavy soils: Solution of ½ cup (125 mL) ammonia to 1 gal. (3.75 L) water: Soak for 20 minutes, and then scrub with scouring or steel-wool pad.
- Oven cleaner may also be used on porcelain enamel only, not chrome. Follow product label instructions.