There are several types of Haier air conditioners:
- Installs in a double-hung window and is secured to the window with upper and lower rails.
- Cannot be installed in vertical (casement) or single hung windows.
- 5,000-24,000 BTU models.
- Installs through the wall using a metal sleeve (case).
- 8,000-12,000 BTU models
- Sits in the room and has 1 or 2 exhaust hoses (depending on model) that vents to the outside.
- Has a window plate that goes in the window opening; the plate has an opening where the exhaust vent connects to vent to the outside.
- Window plate can be adjusted for casement, sliding, and double-hung windows.