The High ESP Duct Indoor Air Handler consists of a single assembly.
- The High ESP Duct unit will install above the ceiling or in a soffit area. It is mounted using threaded rods that fit into brackets that are located at all four corners of the High ESP Duct assembly. The threaded rods should have washers and nuts (not included) to allow the height and level of the High ESP Duct to be adjusted.
- Included with the High ESP Duct unit is factory provided insulating tape. This tape should be placed over the refrigerant piping connections at the indoor unit to prevent sweating.
- The High ESP Duct unit receives 230 volt line voltage from a connection at the outdoor condensing unit. There is no requirement for independent line voltage connections.
- Route required electrical power to area where High ESP Duct is to be located. Maintain at least a 10 foot separation between TV and Radio wiring and the power to the indoor unit.
- 14 Gauge AWG stranded wire should be used to make the electrical connection between indoor and outdoor units. This wiring will serve to power the indoor unit and establish a communication link between indoor and outdoor units.
- Be certain to maintain proper clearances around the High ESP Duct as specified in the Installation Instructions.
- Inadequate clearances can cause system freezing and temperature control problems.
- Make sure there are adequate clearances for future maintenance and service. Allow enough room to access the condensate pump assembly and the electrical control box.
- The unit is operated via a factory supplied remote control.
Pump (for Condensate)
- The High ESP Duct unit has a built in condensate pump and associated float switch that manages the operation of the condensate pump.
- There are two optional ports for gravity drainage.
- The condensate pump is rated to lift water up to 24” from the point of discharge on the High ESP Duct assembly.
- A gray hose with clamp is included with the High ESP Duct unit. This hose connects the High ESP Duct condensate drain outlet to the building's condensate drain system. The hose is connected to the High ESP Duct assembly discharge hose port. The other end of the hose is sized to accept 3/4 “ PVC piping.