Part of the cooling process is removing humidity from the room. When first installed, after the unit has not been used in awhile, or in high humidity situations, it is normal for the tank to fill up quickly and require more frequent emptying. The Tank Full light will come on if the tank needs to be emptied. We don't rate the size of the tank; however, the capacity is low.
After the air conditioner has been running for some time and the room has lower humidity, the water will not accumulate in the bucket much.
- In Cool mode: The portable air conditioner should not require water in the tank to be emptied. The unit is designed to continuously evaporate the water when in use.
- In Heat mode (on heat/cool models): You may need to empty the tank occasionally.
To empty the tank:
- Unplug the air conditioner.
- Place a shallow pan below the lower drain on the back of the unit. You can tilt the unit slightly if needed.
- Remove the drain plug and drain the water completely.
- Re-insert the drain plug.
- Plug the air conditioner back in.
If the unit is not going to be used for a long period of time, drain the water from the tank.